Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Happy Holy Days

In case you were wondering, somewhere in the back of your mind, in the midst of all the Holiday madness, what I, Juli Crockett, was reading this week.... Well, I'll tell you!

I'm finishing Henry Miller's SEXUS, of the Rosy Crucifixion trilogy (Sexus, Plexus, Nexus) which I began on the Thursday after my 33rd birthday (the book starts on a Thursday, as Miller nears 33) and then abandoned it when I started reading more "serious philosophical texts" that had "more to do" with my dissertation.

However, seeing as Henry Miller is the inspiration for so very very much in this life of mine, I thought I'd get back on track with my personal development as an artist and writer (along with the philosopher, singer, songwriter, playwright, director, minister, et all and finish the intended re-read of this trilogy during this, my 33rd year, so that I may suckle all the wisdom and inspiration from the sensuous spiritual teat of dear Mister Miller.

No comments: